Study MBBS in Abroad
Study MBBS in Abroad: Eligibility, Colleges, Fees, Exams and Jobs
The number of Indian youth who study medicine and health sciences, also known as MBBS, has increased throughout time. Compared to a few years ago, there are much more students applying to study MBBS overseas today. Why so? A select group of Indian students have been encouraged to pursue their MBBS abroad due to the scarcity of government seats and the excessive tuition charges charged by private medical colleges.
Study MBBS abroad and earn a degree that is recognized throughout the world from leading medical schools and institutions in the USA, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, UK, Philippines, Kyrgyzstan, Poland, and many more countries.
Foreign MBBS Admission is a straightforward and trouble-free process. Students have a variety of options from which to choose for admission.
Numerous Indian students opt to study abroad in order to explore the diversity of medical specialties found around the world and to learn more about the quality of education available there. The primary draw to attend these overseas colleges for study is the top medical schools, high-quality instruction, state-of-the-art facilities, and cutting-edge practical technologies with affordable tuition.
Many overseas medical universities provide admission to students who pass a few entrance examinations and no language competence test.
In India, there are about 70,000 seats available for MBBS programs. There are just 529 medical colleges in India that have these seats available. Ironically, more over 14 lakh students are vying for these spots. This is one of the key reasons students prefer to study MBBS abroad because there aren't enough seats in India for everyone who wants to enroll.
The most recent UNESCO figures indicate that over 3 lakh Indian students are enrolled in foreign universities. Over 10,000 students travel overseas to seek medical education every year.
Eligibility Criteria For MBBS in Abroad
Whereas each nation would have its own set of regulations and requirements for international students wishing to study an MBBS abroad, today we will discuss the broad eligibility standards for Indian students desiring to pursue an MBBS in one of the best overseas institutions.
The student must have reached adulthood by December 31 of the year he is applying for admission. There is no maximum age for applicants to MBBS programs abroad.
Candidates who want to study medicine in another country must meet the prerequisite academic standards listed below.
- A recognized board must have been used for the student's 12th graduation.
- The student must have studied English as a required subject during his 12 years and must have an overall percentage of at least 50% or above in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Additionally, students must pass the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET). Even if the student intends to complete his medical studies overseas, this is still required.
- When applying for admission to foreign medical universities, the individual would additionally need to present an eligibility certificate issued by the Indian Medical Council.
A medical certificate showing that the applicant is free of any serious illnesses must be submitted by the candidate at the time of admission.
Exams Necessary for MBBS in Abroad
All Indian students wishing to pursue MBBS abroad must now take the NEET, under a directive issued by the Medical Council of India (MCI), which took effect in 2019. Candidates should be aware that the age restriction for taking the NEET is 30 years for applicants who are SC, ST, or OBC and 25 years for general students. Three years are allowed for the NEET score to be used.
Candidates who desire to study medicine abroad might additionally need to take an English proficiency exam to demonstrate their fluency in the language. The candidates might select TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, or OET based on the English language criteria of the university.
Admission Process For Studying MBBS in Abroad
Following the candidate's fulfillment of the conditions for eligibility. He can proceed to the following phase, that is the MBBS study abroad application process. To begin the admissions process, candidates must choose their desired MBBS university and complete the online foreign student application form.
In order to further reinforce their academic profile, applicants will be expected to attach a number of documents as part of the application process. These consist of:
- Mark sheets for classes 10 and 12
- Certificate of School Leaving and School Migration
- Personal Financial Statements with NEET Score Card
- Purpose Statement (SOP)
- Resume (CV)
- Recommendation letter (LOR)
- Proof of language proficiency (if any)
- Photos the size of a passport
- Health Certification
Candidates will get an admission letter from the institution following the successful completion of the online application form and fee. Once they have their passport, all original paperwork, and their letter of admission from the university, they must apply for their student visa.
What are the Advantages of Studying MBBS in Abroad
Obtaining an MBBS degree from a foreign country has many benefits, some of which are given below for a few of the more well-known nations:
- A top international institution MBBS degree can greatly enhance one's resume.
- The quality of an equivalent degree obtained overseas is quite excellent and aids in improving one's grasp and comprehension of the subject.
- If one pursues MBBS overseas, in addition to earning a global degree, they can learn about the varied cultures of other countries.
- Aspirants can choose from a number of specialities offered by the international course.
- From 2018 to 2028, the number of jobs for doctors and surgeons is predicted to expand by 7% in nations like the USA.
- In-depth research on the Australian medical sector conducted in 2019 revealed steady growth of 16.1%.
- Psychiatrists are anticipated to create the most jobs abroad among all categories of practicing physicians through 2028, followed by family and general practitioners.
- In New Zealand, there are more than 17000 doctors in practice, and 40% of them are foreign-born.
MBBS in India Vs MBBS in Abroad: What is Better?
There are more parallels between studying medicine abroad and in India than differences. The National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) is now required for admission to all medical schools in India and overseas. While MBBS studies can go up to 6 years, including a year of clinical rotations, they often last 5.5 years overall in India, including a year of clinical internship.
Students who study MBBS abroad gain more exposure to the world, have access to expansive university campuses, have better access to laboratories, and have better student-teacher ratios. Candidates who choose to study abroad can eventually practice their chosen profession in the host nation. All of this and much more are available to international students at very reasonable prices.
To be eligible to practice medicine in India, students who have completed their studies in medicine abroad must take the Medical Council of India Screening Test, popularly known as the Foreign Medical Graduates Examination (MCI FMGE). The student is excused from taking the MCI FMGE unless he completed his medical studies in Canada, the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Australia or New Zealand and is eligible to enroll as a medical practitioner in that nation.
Read More about Top MBBS Colleges in Russia
Scholarships for Indian Students – MBBS in Abroad
Scholarships enable people with low financial standing who desire to study abroad to nonetheless achieve their goals. Numerous scholarship programs are available from different nations that might assist students in paying for their tuition and/or financial needs.
Before applying anyplace, students should conduct thorough research on the scholarship to prevent any fraudulent actions. Few nations forbid Indian students from receiving any form of scholarships.
The following scholarships for Indian students to study MBBS overseas are available to those who qualify for them:
- NCI Master’s Edge Scholarship
- Sato Yo International Scholarship Foundation
- Pearl International Award
- Carl Duisberg Scholarships
- JGC-S Scholarship Foundation
- AMC Amsterdam Merit Scholarships
- Algoma University Chancellor’s Award
- The Karolinska Institutet Global Master's Scholarships
- Novo Nordisk Foundation Research Scholarships and Grants
Cost of Studying MBBS in Abroad for Indian Students
The inexpensive cost of MBBS programs abroad is one of the main advantages. Numerous Indian students want to pursue MBBS degrees abroad due to the affordable tuition at prestigious medical schools.
List of nations that Indian students have chosen to study abroad for the MBBS program:
MBBS in Russia
INR 15 to 50 Lacs
MBBS in Philippines
INR 25 to 40 Lacs
MBBS in USA
INR 40 to 80 Lacs
MBBS in Ukraine
INR 20 to 35 Lacs
MBBS in Germany
INR 15 to 25 Lacs
MBBS in Georgia
INR 20 to 30 Lacs
MBBS in Poland
INR 30 to 35 Lacs
An individual can benefit from earning a good salary by pursuing an MBBS abroad, but they can also enjoy tremendous fame and repute.
One can pursue further education in the same field in addition to pursuing a profession in any of the aforementioned fields. After obtaining an MBBS abroad, earning a master's or doctoral degree may be your best option.