DIT University always encourages scholarly aptitude and merit in Students in order to facilitate scholarship among Students towards their Academic excellence
Mentioned below are the details of scholarships offered to the students from undergraduate courses:
(A) - MERIT BASED SCHOLARSHIP POLICY
Merit Scholarship can be availed on the basis of XII standard percentage at the time of admission and the same is applicable on the Program Tuition fees.
(B) - UTTARAKHAND STATE SCHOLARSHIP POLICY
26% scholarship on Tuition fee shall be granted to permanent residents of Uttarakhand for whom 40% seats are reserved throughout the program. For claiming Uttarakhand State Scholarship, the student will be considered eligible ONLY if he/she is carrying a valid Domicile Certificate in Original at the time of reporting for Counselling/Admission.
(C) - SCHOLARSHIP ON THE BASIS OF PERFORMANCE IN SPORTS
The scholarship amount will be awarded as per Sports Quota Scholarship policy which is applicable once at the time of admission on Tuition Fee only.
(D) - SHRI NAVEEN AGARWAL JI SCHOLARSHIP FOR GIRL STUDENT
Scholarship of 10% of Tuition fees is applicable for Girl student in first year for UG and Diploma programs subject to the following conditions:
- Student has scored 80% & above in X & XII Std. aggregate for UG programs and 80% in X Standard for Diploma programs.
- Scholarship percentage will remain the same for all categories of admissions.
- Scholarship to be continued from second year provided the student obtains CGPA 8.5 and above every year, without any back paper.
(E) - SCHOLARSHIP FOR THE WARDS OF DEFENCE PERSONNEL (INDIAN ARMY, INDIAN AIR FORCE, INDIAN NAVY, INDIAN COAST GUARDS & PARAMILITARY FORCES ONLY)
Scholarship of 5% of Tuition fees is applicable for wards of Defence personnel in first year of the UG and Diploma programs. For claiming the scholarship, the student will be considered eligible ONLY if he/she is carrying a valid certificate/document as under in original at the time of reporting for Counselling / Admission.
- In case of serving Defence personnel – Dependent’s card issued to the servicemen / A certificate issued by the UnitHead/C.O. of the servicemen, ID card of the servicemen, ID/Aadhaar card of the student
- In case of retired Defence personnel – Discharge certificate of the servicemen, ID card of the Ex-Servicemen. ID/Aadhaar card of the student
(F)-ADDITIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS FOR NEW ADMISSIONS (APPLICABLE ONLY FOR FIRST YEAR)
- Scholarship of 5% of Tuition fees is applicable for the siblings of present students/Alumni on submission of the following documents: University ID Card and Aadhaar/Any valid photo ID proof of the siblings bearing the name of the parent. Copy of the Degree Certificate issued to the sibling by DIT/DITU (if applicable)The above scholarship would only be granted if the student (sibling) has completed his/her studies from the University.
- Scholarship of 10% of Tuition fees for the students graduating/graduated from DIT University and opting for a higher program in DIT University without any gap on submission of following documents: University ID Card, Copy of Provisional Certificate issued in the same year / Grade Card (all semesters)
RULES FOR SCHOLARSHIPS
- In case any candidate falls in Category (A), (B) & (C) the candidate may choose higher of the three options of Scholarship in the year of admission.
- If the student belongs to Uttarakhand Category and is entitled for a higher scholarship from Category (A) or (C) in the year of admission (Refer point “a” above), he/she will continue to be eligible for the UK Domicile rebate for the rest of the tenure of the program.
- In case any Girl Student is falling either in Category (A), Category (B), Category (C) and also in Category (D), in such case, she is eligible for Scholarship of Higher of the category (A) or (B) or (C) along with the additional scholarship of Category (D).
- Scholarship Category (D, E, and F) are over and above scholarship of Category (A), (B) and (C), as applicable.
- The students who are eligible for the scholarship/s as per the norms specified by the University should address their application to the Registrar with relevant documents for consideration latest by 31st August 2020.
- The total of all scholarships is subject to a maximum limit of applicable Tuition fees for the year.
- Scores / Marks / Grades / Ranks as required for the award of scholarship should be without any Back /Improvement / Supplementary papers.
- Students completing their degrees from open school will not be eligible for scholarships mentioned at S. No. A.
- In case, at any later stage, any discrepancy in the document/s or awarding of scholarship/s in the appropriate category is found, DIT University has the right to make necessary correction/s at any stage including the recovery of an amount of such scholarship.
- In case of any dispute/discrepancy/clarification, the decision of the Vice-Chancellor will be final and binding.
- All disputes are subject to the jurisdiction of courts at Dehradun.
Listed below are the scholarships offered by DIT to postgraduate students: